Calling out for an experienced Technical Artist to come collaborate with us in designing and developing highly optimized art assets, particle effects and animation systems . Create art technical design documents to plan feature design implementation into Unity. Maintain and improve the efficiency of the content pipeline and workflows and Collaborate with artists, animators, game designers, developers and QA Team on a regular basis.
Joy Business Academy (JBA) is a passionate and ambitious organisation that strives to push the boundaries of learning. We use modern digital tools and innovative technologies to re-envision what learning can represent in a global, diverse, post-industrial world. JBA creates a variety of games for training, self-reflection, skill- assessment and simulated experience exposure. We pride ourselves on creating engaging ways to learn, reflect, improve and leverage the power of play to create strong and lasting positive outcomes.
The Key Responsibilities
- Create art assets that help the client realize their original vision.
- Create in game assets and adhere to technical briefs.
- Ensure art assets can be easily integrated into the game without sacrificing artistic vision or exceeding the platform’ technical limits.
- Integrate, assemble and manage scene assets using Blender and Unity.
- Work closely with game developers, designers, and coders to create best practices.
- Create art pipeline tools to facilitate art creation and art validation.
- Collaborate with other technical artists to improve studio tools, workflows, and pipelines.
- Proactively identify problems, propose solutions and seek out buy in from the team regarding implementation strategy.
- Modify new and existing for optimization while maintaining art fidelity.
- Delivering high quality visuals while following memory and performance targets.
- Set up character/prop rigs and/or asset types that require specialist knowledge.
- Create, improve and debug in game shaders.
- Provide and maintain technical documentation.
- Proactively seek out pipeline improvements, workflows and technology issues.
- Manage the art team and provide support to the artists and animators.
- Keep abreast of all up-to-date knowledge of trends in art production methodologies and tools.
The Ideal Person
- 5+ years’ experience as a Technical artist or relevant.
- Expert using Unity game engine, particularly in texture atlasing, asset exporting/importing, optimizations and efficient pipeline creation.
- Solid knowledge of current and next gen art techniques as well as fundamental art principles.
- Experience creating shaders and particles in Unity.
- Experience creating tools to improve art pipeline.
- Excellent communication skills, especially with regards to illustrating technical processes.
- Detailed oriented, multi- tasking and problem- solving skills.
- Proficiency in Blender, Adobe Photoshop, Substance, Designer/Painter.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python or C#.
- Knowledge of performance profiling and optimization (CPU and/or GPU)
We are an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and value having members that represent our global diversity. JBA is also an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer.
If this role sounds like your next opportunity, APPLY with your CV and a covering letter.
If you have any questions or would like to get in touch, please contact Sangeetha@prideandjoy.org