- Chance to design exciting and robust frontend architecture.
- Great work culture and flexibility
- Competitive salary structure
Calling out for an experienced Senior Frontend Developer to come work with our diverse team of programmers, artists, game designers, engineers and producers. You will be engaged in some exciting stuff with an opportunity to work on some very intriguing projects with great scope alongside a team that is deeply passionate with strong ownership.
Joy Business Academy is a passionate and ambitious organisation that strives to push the boundaries of learning. We use modern digital tools and innovative technologies to re-envision what learning can represent in a global, diverse, post-industrial world. JBA creates a variety of games for training, self-reflection, skill- assessment and simulated experience exposure. We pride ourselves on creating engaging ways to learn, reflect ,improve and leverage the power of play to create strong and lasting positive outcomes.
- Design and implement well engineered, reliable and maintainable code. Quickly identify, create and implement supporting solutions.
- General programming including design, develop and testing frontends and implement well architected systems that are robust, flexible and performant.
- Optimize front end application performance.
- Create and maintain Vue pages and components to specifications
- Gather and address technical and design requirements.
- Interpret and analyse client needs and develop creative solutions (Lateral Thinking)
- Identify technical and development risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
- Continuously learning about emerging technologies and frameworks.
- Provide expert knowledge on time estimations and guidance around feature development plan.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging.
- Closely collaborate with other teams interpreting, critiquing and implementing a robust, scalable design vision for technical excellence in the front end.
- Develop high quality, testable and performance software using agile practices
- Maintain code quality, organisation and atomisation.
- Object oriented application building experience in a professional Agile/Scrum environment.
- 5+ years of relevant frontend experience.
- Experience with Git, Node.js, React, NPM and front-end tooling.
- Experience working with API’s
- Exposure working in an Agile environment
- Strong technical skill sets in HTML and CSS using Sass
- Experience with Unit and integration test.
- Experience with C# and unity is a bonus
- Possess a good sense of UX.
- Knowledge of frameworks and development tools (SASS, j Query, React, Angular)
- Expert knowledge of building high performing to apply page performance optimisation techniques.
- Great communication skills to ensure production of high-quality solutions, on time and on budget.
- Explore new ideas, techniques and creative solutions without compromising the quality.
- Experience in writing automated unit, integration or end to end testing.
- Experience within game and/or mobile app testing is preferred.
- Experience with VR is a bonus.
We are an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and value having members that represent our global diversity. JBA is also an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer.
If this role sounds like your next opportunity, APPLY with your CV and a Covering letter.
If you have any questions or would like to get in touch please contact Sangeetha Vadluri (Sangeetha@prideandjoy.org)